Great news! The mushroom risotto days are over (for now). It’s summer, and if there is ever a time to eat more vegetables in the UK, it’s now.
July, August and September
mark the months with the largest number of vegetables in season, meaning that we can get lots of fresh and delicious food. Fennel, courgette, rocket, beetroot, globe artichoke, aubergine, watercress and kohlrabi are in season, to name just a few. Yes, we can buy most of these all year round these days, but now they have so much MORE FLAVOUR!
Now, half of us don’t even know what to do with these vegetables. Thankfully that’s where our favorite British chefs can help. It’s a great time to visit British restaurants who focus on seasonal cuisine as they will serve you beautiful dishes with these ingredients now.
• Fennel & Red Pepper Soup or Courgette Tart Tatin at 10 Greek Street.
at this great restaurant in Soho.
• Goats' Cheese 'Cigar', Nutbourne's Tomatoes & Green Sauce (top image) at Parlour Kensal. If you haven’t tried these yet,
read more about Parlour here
– you’ll also find lots of refreshing drinks and dishes with lemon and mint on their menu to cope with the heat.
• Needham beetroot tartare, goat's curd, shaved radish, hazelnuts at Picture Fitzrovia (
) – one of our latest finds and already a favorite with their beautiful & balanced menu, amazing central location and friendly service.
• Courgette flower, ricotta, peas & radish or Tomato & beetroot gazpacho or Aubergine, Monte Enebro, olives & piquillo peppers at 8 Hoxton Square (
) – so much choice, we don’t even know where to start.
Don’t miss out! Fried chicken will still be there in November… ;)